Aquablu recommends treating your tap water when it has a TDS level of 400 PPM (or higher).
The accepted levels of drinking water vary for each location. We would recommend treating your tap water when:
- The TDS level is 400 PPM (or higher)
- When there is a slight risk of lead contamination, due to water pipes built into Old Homes and Cities
- When you live in an area with an agricultural or heavy industry.
- When you use rainwater as your freshwater source
- When you use groundwater as your freshwater source